Sunday, January 5, 2014

Cinnamon and coconut pancakes


  I found this great recipe this weekend while searching for something tasty to make for a gluten free breakfast. It's dairy and gluten free, but if you have an allergy to eggs, it's not for you. It was very easy to whip up, but I think I would adjust the recipe next time. You will need:

•2 large eggs
•3 tablespoons full fat coconut milk
•½ mashed ripe banana (about 2 tablespoons)
•½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
•½ teaspoon vanilla extract
•1½ tablespoons of Bob’s Red Mill organic coconut flour
•½ teaspoon cinnamon
•¼ teaspoon baking soda
•1 small pinch of salt
•ghee or coconut oil (for frying)


  The directions are pretty simple- mix all the wet ingredients in one bowl, the dry in another, then combine. Use the coconut oil to grease up your cooking surface. The original recipe and step by step instructions (and pics) can be found over at Nom Nom Paleo.
  Now, about my wanting to "adjust" the recipe for next time- basically, my batter seemed a little too runny. As a result, The pancakes were hard to flip and didn't cook quite right. I would probably add a little more of the coconut flour to thicken things up. Other than that, these were delicious, and much appreciated by the lovely lady I made them for!

No comments:

Post a Comment